July 15, 2023
We are so excited you are here! We are RedWolf Security; a provider of the most comprehensive, safe and feature rich threat simulation platform available for enterprise.
Our mission is to help organizations test and improve their cyber security resiliency in a thorough and reliable way.
While we love the security tech world, our passion is to provide the best solutions possible for our clients and keep them safe and happy.
We are a hybrid team, with in office 3 days a week and work from home available 2 days a week. We stay connected through our weekly connection points and use our project management software (Jira). We get into the office throughout the week because we find that sometimes it stimulates some great problem solving and group cohesion. Always available to each other, we work together through issues as they arise ensuring that the end result is a clear, well-informed recommendation/presentation of data for our clients. We love to follow a good procedure structure and tick all the boxes along the way in a project. We try to avoid ‘MacGyvering’ solutions and work towards structural and procedural progress to help the whole team and our clients find success. We don’t just work for our clients, we are invested in their needs and results.
Now the exciting part – we have some exciting growth and changes coming.
We’re looking for a Developer with a love for getting it done the right way. This individual starts the process with planning and doesn’t move on to the code until the plan is fleshed out and that plan specifically solves the problem for our clients. This role will report directly to the Chief Architect but will support the overall organization’s goals along with the whole team. This role will need someone who can voice what they need so that we can support their success.
With the exciting change of transforming into a more scalable “SAAS” model, we would love to talk to anyone who has been through, or has an interest in being a fundamental part of this change.
Am I describing you? Keep reading!
Core Job Functions
Here is how this role functions within the team and what you will own day-to-day:
Day-to Day Action Items (What you will do):
- Writing and implementing efficient code that maintains and/or improves the performance standard of systems
- Writing code that is secure, robust and testable
- Writing code that is observable and operationally maintainable
- Developing and contributing to the development of quality assurance procedures, working to either maintain or improve upon existing code base
- Deploying software tools, processes, and metrics
- Research, design, implement and manage software programs
- Testing and evaluating new programs as well as maintaining and/or upgrading existing systems
- Identifying areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications for review and implementation across the organization
Collaboration – Where you fit within the team:
- Training users and team members as the team grows on proper procedure and working through problem solving for client issues
- Reviewing your and other work products as a team to ensure consistency
- Identify any customer requests we do not currently support and engage with Development to establish a roadmap / timeline for delivery of those capabilities
- Raising operational practicality and sustainability concerns along with possible solutions to resolution
- Contribute to development of tools and knowledge banks, especially online training systems
- Communicate with stakeholders regarding confirmation of information needed for software design projects, status and timelines risks for project delivery and issue resolutions
Tech we work with that is helpful for you to know:
- Languages: Primarily Typescript, also Go / Rust. Occasionally C/C++
- Frameworks: Angular, Event Sourcing (Kafka), Microservices, Distributed Systems
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Values communication and client experience as pillars of a healthy work exchange
- When working on a project clearly and concisely can articulate the problem being solved, the affected parties, its impact, the consequences
- Is conscientious and thorough, calm in stressful situations and functions well in a transparent, collaborative working style
- Willingly follows the best practices, development standards and processes within an organization, recognizing the benefits to consistency
- Enjoys working on projects independently within a collaborative environment
- Enjoys being part of an exciting shift in our offering
- Wants to see the end results shine and impact clients positively
- Likes to be in a small company and work in an integrated team environment
- Plans before doing. Thinking and setting out a design before coding can save a lot of time and that’s how we like to work
- Doesn’t shy away from talking out a problem and asking all the questions needed to move a project forward
- Enjoys explaining and identifying gaps in their own knowledge in order to get the support and tools they need to succeed
What we offer:
- Hybrid workplace, with the opportunity for flexible hours as requested
- Extended Health Benefits including: paramedical, dental, vision
- Insurance coverage: Life, AD&D, LTD
- A $1,500 annual learning and development budget
- Semi-annual reviews of your role, performance and salary
- Pay Range: $100k to $150k commensurate with experience
Our Hiring Process:
Step 1: A video/phone call with our HR Resource. In this call, we will cover the basics of the role and our company, and discuss a high level overview of your past experiences, goals, and interest in this role.
Step 2: A quiz activity, completed in Typeform. It’s designed to be fun and takes well under an hour to complete.
Step 3: A call with management team members, your potential managers, to dive deeper into your experiences, goals, and style, and review the quiz activity results.
Step 4: References + Offer
The Downside; We know as a company there are things we are still working on perfecting and we like to be transparent about the challenges ahead. Here are some of the areas we are working on:
Project and Deadline Based Work – This role is delivering on our project deadlines and so a certain amount of time pressure can come along with that.
Growing and Changing – Our organization is looking forward to growth and making our offering more accessible as a SAAS. This means that there will be lots of opportunities to jump on and add to your contribution. It can also mean that there are a lot of projects to keep track of.
RedWolf Security provides accommodation during the recruitment process for anyone who would benefit from it. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at people@ redwolfsecurity.com.
Please complete this form and a RedWolf representative will contact you.