August 8, 2023
We are so excited you are here! We are Red Wolf Security; a provider of the most comprehensive, safe and feature rich threat simulation platform available for enterprise.
Our mission is to help organizations test and improve their cyber security resiliency in a thorough and reliable way.
We love the security tech world, but true passion is providing the best experience possible for our clients.
We are a hybrid team, working within a shared office space 3 days a week. We stay connected through our weekly connection points and use our project management software (Jira). We get into the office throughout the week because we find that sometimes it stimulates some great problem solving and group cohesion. Always available to each other, we work together through issues as they arise ensuring that the end result is a clear, well-informed recommendation/presentation of data for our clients. We love to follow a good procedure structure and tick all the boxes along the way in a project. We try to avoid ‘MacGyvering’ solutions and work towards structural and procedural progress to help the whole team and our clients find success. We don’t just work for our clients, we are invested in their needs and results.
Now the exciting part – we have some exciting growth and changes coming.
We’re looking for a Security Consultant that has an extroverted personality and is able to empathize with customers to drive successful customer experience outcomes. This individual knows tech security and is keen to make an impact on the business of our customers. They want to see their work impacting clients and they like to work autonomously with a team backing them up. This role leads and executes security testing projects including DDoS assessments, methodology development, security advisory and research. As a part of our Delivery Team, our Security Consultants work closely with Partners, Customer Operations Team as well as Vendors.
Am I describing you? Keep reading!
Here are the things that you’ll own day to day:
Professional Services / Delivery (50%)
- Work with clients to run through engagement projects following RedWolf’s standard project plan and methodology
- Own and ensure a positive experience with clients to understand and document their problems, goals, timelines, and systems architecture to develop test plans using RedWolf’s technology
- Run live network cyber-attack scenarios using RedWolf’s technology against some of the largest brands and networks in the world (It’s fun!)
- Being organized and a great communicator ensuring everyone involved in projects knows what they need to do and is supported for their success
Process Improvement / Knowledge Capture / Enablement (40%)
- Contribute to development of tools and knowledge libraries
- Learning and building our knowledge base – i.e. when answering a question for clients and partners, helping them become increasingly self-sufficient with our software testing platform and process, and capturing the information in our knowledge base (for example, making a short explainer video) so it can help all our users.
- Create content for online help / knowledge base (e.g. powerpoints, short videos)
- Identify any customer requests we do not currently support and engage with Development to establish a roadmap / timeline for delivery of those capabilities
- Identify new security attacks / techniques we can add to the platform
- Help RedWolf automate repeatable portions of the analysis
- Learning security technologies and techniques
- Ensuring that knowledge is captured and shared with the teams
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has experience in (or a desire to learn) people management
- Values Communication and Client Experience as pillars of a healthy work exchange
- Enjoys working independently and takes pride in own work
- Is conscientious and thorough, calm in stressful situations and functions well in a transparent, collaborative working style
What we offer:
- Hybrid 60/40 office / WFH , with the opportunity for flexible hours
- Health benefits, vision, dental, paramedical and prescription coverage. Insurances including Life, AD&D and LTD
- 3 weeks of vacation
- A $1,500 annual learning and development budget
- Semi-annual reviews of your role and performance
- Pay Range: $100k-$130k
Our Hiring Process:
- Step 1: A video/phone call with our HR Resource. In this call, we will cover the basics of the role and our company, and discuss a high level overview of your past experiences, goals, and interest in this role.
- Step 2: A quiz activity, completed in Typeform, that enables us to get to know your style and experience as a flavour creator. It’s designed to be fun and takes well under an hour to complete.
- Step 3: A call with Anthony, your potential manager, to dive deeper into your experiences, goals, and style, and review the quiz activity results.
- Step 4: Offer
The Downside; We know as a company there are things we are still working on perfecting and we like to be transparent about the challenges ahead. Here are some of the areas we are working on:
- Creating Structures that Work – We’re a small firm, but growing quickly! Although we are working hard to manage this growth by implementing practice management tools to help us manage tasks, deadlines, and workflows, as we figure out what works best for our firm there may be some growing pains along the way to ensure that processes are compatible with our working styles, and consistent throughout the practice.
- Managing Client Relationships – We work with some of the largest brands and companies in the world that deserve and expect a certain standard of delivery and expertise. The reality is however most people we work with will not be experts in cyber-security and testing. A challenge in this position is to inspire the people we work with to raise-the-bar vis à vis testing and help clients appreciate the value we bring to the table. This sometimes means saying no to clients and guiding them to a better understanding.
- Team Growth – As the business grows, so will the team! And as important as it is to find clients that compliment our values, it is just as important to find teammates that do as well. This also means that in some instances, the onboarding and training of these new members will be a collaborative effort.
Red Wolf Security provides accommodation during the recruitment process for anyone who would benefit from it. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at people@ redwolfsecurity.com.
Please complete this form and a RedWolf representative will contact you.